Skin changes are among the most visible signs of aging. Unlike other body systems, various methods have been found to slow down the aging process.
In order to understand how to treat aging skin, it is first necessary to understand what the aging process actually entails.
Skin aging begins right after birth. The soft skin of newborn babies is regarded as the ideal and is the source of the phrase "silky as baby's skin." As years go by, both internal and external factors cause skin aging.
The internal factors are those produced by the body's general aging and genetics.
Yet, the majority of the signs of skin aging are due to the external factors, such as unprotected exposure to the sun, smoking, environmental pollution, stress, diet, and bad skin care.
Signs of aging and their causes:
- The skin becomes rougher and loses its glow
- As a result of trans epidermal water loss the skin becomes dry
- Changes occur in the pigment area of the epidermis (skin's external layer of cells) and as a result dark spots appear which are known as "pigmentation"
- As Collagen and Elastin fibers in the skin are reduced and their structure becomes damaged and the skin loses its flexibility
- Fine lines and wrinkles appear
- Elastic tissue (elastin) in the skin and sub-skin muscles are weakened resulting in sagging skin
- Thinning of the epidermis (surface layer of the skin) cause the skin to become more transparent
- Loss of fat below the skin in the cheeks, chin, nose, temples, and eye area may result in loosening of the skin and sunken eyes
- Collagen loss is the main contributor to skin aging, wrinkles, and uneven skin tone. In addition to nutritional support, Collagen plumps the skin and prevents moisture loss, both of which contribute to skin firmness and flexibility.
While we cannot stop the clock and prevent internal factors from influencing our skin, we certainly can change personal habits, use the appropriate products, reduce the influence of external factors, and dramatically improve skin appearance.
You are welcome to check out our daily tips for a healthier skin.
How Perfect Treatment products can help you reduce the signs of aging:
Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate is a type of Vitamin C (as found in Serum C) that includes essential vitamins dissolved in vital fatty acids that are important in balancing and delaying the processes of skin aging. These ingredients accompanied by advanced technology allow deep penetration into skin tissue. Also, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate accelerates Collagen and Elastin cell re-building and skin thickening. It dissolves free radicals, evicting them from the skin and wrinkles. It works as a powerful anti-oxidant helping to prevent skin cell aging by delaying Collagen cross linking, as well as protein and blood fat oxidation.
Serum C also contains Tocopherol, a derivative of Vitamin E which is known to rehabilitate damaged external layers of the skin.
Vitamin A acid (as found in our rejuvenation cream) is responsible for melanin production and as such effectively reduces the appearance of skin spots (pigmentation).
Hyaluronic acid serum for home use includes Hyaluronic and Glycolic acids in their natural form. The product is a gentle peeling which preserves skin moisture for up to a few weeks. Combined with Perfect Beauty, Serum C increases the efficiency of its operation for months. This three great products (Firming Kit) are working their magic overnight, to wake up to firmer, younger you.
You are welcome to read what highly experienced esthetician think about Perfect Treatment products.